Change Your World Day
Change Your World Day is happening on November 16 and we would love you to get involved! Have you seen a need in your neighbourhood? Has God been speaking to you about a specific need in the community? Do you have a great idea for a project in our local area? Change Your World Day is an opportunity for us to make a difference together in our community.
Right now we are asking if you could have a think about a potential project you could host on this day, to meet a specific need within the community. You can apply to run a project over a very broad range of interest areas and could include activities such as working bees, cleaning up rubbish in a local park, helping out a neighbor to clean up their garden or sing songs at a local retirement home.
If you would love to host/run a project on November 16th, please have a look at following list of steps and requirements for your application:
- All applicants wishing to host a project must be a partner of Bright Church and have signed our volunteer agreement. Not already a partner? Then sign-up here to complete Growth Track 101 on October 5 to find out about Bright Church and to complete our partnership agreement and sign our volunteer agreement form.
- Is your project location within a 10 minute drive of Bright Church? Our desire is to impact our local community and provide opportunities to be invitational, particularly as we come into Christmas. As a result, all successful applications will be within close proximity of Bright.
- We are hoping to see many projects run on the day, however not all projects will necessarily be approved. If you submit a project and it is successful you will be required to attend a short training session to ensure your project is run well.
- Ready to submit a project? Click here to be directed to how to download the SERVE app. In the app you will be required to create a personal account and search for Bright Church. Once you are on the Bright Church page you will see you can select “Change Your World Day” and then “create a project”. When filling in the address fields for your project you will notice you can only select an American state. Please choose your favourite from the list and we can amend it from our end when we receive your project idea.
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE: October 20, 2019.
Remember you do not have to host a project to help out on the day. All the successful projects will require your help! After the application closing date we will let you all know how you can sign up to serve in a project running on November 16.
If you have any questions then please email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing your project ideas/submissions.